Thursday, June 26, 2008

happy birthday times.

Yesterday was my birthday and I was showered with love and presents. It was glorious. My apartment is filled with flowers from people...bouquets of pink peonies (my favorites), and 36 pink roses...one for each of my years! The place smells divine.

Rachel got me this. Something I have ALWAYS wanted.....and I will spend the next 4 months figuring out how to recreate this outfit for Tom B's birthday.

Two of the rosebuds fell off of my bouquet of 3 dozen roses...I think that means I'm still 34. The best part of yesterday was the two amazing meals I had. Lunch at the Boat Street Cafe with Lisa M....who I figured out yesterday I have known for 1/2 of my life. I worked for Lisa at Capers when I was 18. She introduced me to Martha Stewart and fancy Gift Wrap.
My oldest friend (she's not old...I've just known her forever), Jean H. made me the best birthday cake ever. It is pure chocolate decadence. Made with the BEST chocolate.
Then it was off to dinner at the 35th Street Bistro, where I dined with 4 fabulous *skinny women whom I love. It was a good day. Happy Birthday to me.
~
*this is what they had: salads and some cheese
~
*this is what I had: Champagne, Crab Salad on Radish Greens, Bistro Frites, Rare Steak, Roasted Tomatoes, Two kinds of Beans, and Two Kinds of Cake

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Be-lated birthday! It sounds like you had a good one and those roses are gorgeous.

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

That sounds Cory-worthy! I'm glad you had a great birthday and I'm also glad for Peonies... LOVE THEM.

Sidney Ann said...

I think I redeemed myself with my cake consumption.

Sweetest Petula said...

True, you really did put that cake down.